Friday, December 30, 2011

New Pots & Pans!


This Christmas I was thrilled to receive new All-Clad stainless steel pots and pans. What a great way to start the New Year! The old set I had was nearly worn through, so I’ve been long overdue for new culinary equipment. My parents bought me my old set when I was in college. I remember while we were checking out, the sales associate pulled me aside and advised me to keep the receipt as I would most likely be returning them later. I guess he’d seen his fair share of desperate college students returning their set in exchange for a little cash. Nearly a decade later, I think I can safely say I've proved him wrong. 


I will admit, I was a bit intimidated by my new shiny pots. As I've said, I'd had my old set for many years, and no matter how horrible they were, being the sentamalist I am, I couldn’t help feeling somewhat attached. After all, they were the first pots I learned to cook with. I knew every horrid hot-spot on each individual pan. The only way to remedy my fear and intimidation of my All-Clad set was to cook with them immediately! One thing I will say, while it's a dream having my new set, my old one taught me that you don't need top of the line pots and pans to be a good cook. But it doesn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment